Shellex is currently searching for an engineer to join its team. This engineer will work as a team on a multitude of motivating projects, small or large scopes alike. This chosen candidate will take on various responsibilities, commensurate with his/her ambitions and skills. This engineer will be able to choose whether to be based out of our Salaberry-de-Valleyfield office, our Ste-Julie office, or our Terrebonne office, but will have to move around from construction site to site.
- Identify client needs and look for innovative solutions ;
- Plan the extent of the works, cost estimation, and development of deadlines;
- Take on the responsibility of project management ;
- Supervise and coordinate a team in the carrying-out of various projects (design and construction) ;
- Coordinate projects et communicate with external stakeholders (clients, architects, other engineers, entrepreneurs, sub-contractors, suppliers, etc.)
- Coordinate projects with the different branches of engineering internally ;
- Respect budgets for professional fees and deliverable deadlines ;
- Ensure quality of deliverables (by company standards), codes, and applicable norms ;
- Keep a close eye on the works, from the office and construction site alike ;
- Coordinate works and watch for health and safety on the construction sites;
- Write up technical reports.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE IN THE FOLLOWING DOMAINS :
- Civil, structure et foundation
- Building mechanics (industrial, commercial et institutional)
- Mechanical and industrial processes
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ), the provincial association of engineers ;
- Minimum of five years of pertinent experience;
- Knowledge of codes and norms in effect;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- Flexible schedule, adaptable to project deadlines ;
- Collective insurance coverage;
- Opportunity to develop career and continuing training program.
Shellex is a group of over 80 technicians and engineers. Never stopping expanding, we offer competitive salaries and a work environment that is highly motivating and flexible. We have offices in the Quebec cities of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Sainte-Julie, and Terrebonne, as well as in Toronto, Ontario. Our reputation of integrity and professionalism, which makes of us a trustworthy partner for our clients, is a great source of pride to our employees.
BUILDING MECHANICAL & INDUSTRIAL PROCESSES