Shellex is currently looking for an intermediate engineer with five years experience in infrastructures, for its Salaberry-de-Valleyfield branch. The structural department of the company works as a team on a multitude of motivating projects of small or large scopes. The chosen candidate will be called upon to take on various responsibilities that are commensurate with his/her ambitions and aptitudes.
- Take on the responsibility of technical design and project management ;
- Supervise and coordinate a team of technicians/designers in the carrying-out of various projects (design and construction) ;
- Coordinate projects et communicate with external stakeholders (clients, architects, other engineers, entrepreneurs, sub-contractors, suppliers, etc.)
- Coordinate projects with the different branches of engineering internally (processes, building mechanics, civil, electrical) ;
- Respect budgets for professional fees and deliverable deadlines ;
- Ensure quality of deliverables (by company standards), codes, and applicable norms ;
- Identify client needs and look for innovative solutions ;
- Keep a close eye on the works, from the office and construction site alike ;
- Write up technical reports.
In the following specialty branches :
- Various industrial structures and off-standard metal structures, stainless steel, aluminium, and others.
- Building structures made of concrete, wood, or steel (industrial, commercial, or institutional)
- Concrete works (foundation, works of art, and frameworks)
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ), the provincial association of engineers ;
- Minimum of five years of pertinent experience with engineering-consulting firms ;
- Experience in design with structural-calculation software (SAFI, ROBOT and others);
- Knowledge of codes and norms in effect (CNB-CCQ, S16, A23.1, A23.3, O86 and others) ;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Fluency in French, English an asset ;
- Hability to work as a team, autonomy, initiative and rigor ;
- Holder of a valid driver’s license and ASP Construction card.
- Flexible schedule, adaptable to project deadlines ;
- Collective insurance coverage;
- Competitive salary ;
- Opportunity to develop career and continuing training program ;
- Motivating work environment in a stimulating framework ;
- Work-life balance.
Shellex Groupe Conseil is already blessed with a team of over 50 technicians and engineers for the carrying-out of various projects. In continuous growth, we offer a very competitive remuneration, as well as a very motivating and flexible work environment.
Our reputation of integrity and professionalism, which makes of us a trustworthy partner for our clients, is a great source of pride for our employees.
BUILDING MECHANICAL & INDUSTRIAL PROCESSES